Planning Your Wedding DayPlanning your wedding day can be a daunting task, however, if you start well in advance then this will give you plenty of time to enjoy all the preparations of getting married.
We have prepared for you some helpful guidance notes, which we know you will find useful to ensure your day runs smoothly.
Initial Planning Stage
- Decide where and when you want to get married and make arrangements for your marriage ceremony
- Compile guest list in consultation with both families
- Book your reception. We will offer you any advice on this subject. A non-refundable deposit of £300.00
- is required upon booking
- Choose Bridesmaids, Best Man and Ushers
- Start looking at dresses and accessories for you and your bridesmaids
- Most importantly don’t forget to book your honeymoon – book this well in advance to avoid Disappointment
- Now is the ideal time for the Groom to arrange transport for the wedding, especially if you would like something a little bit special
- Book your photographer and/or Video company so you can always be reminded of that special day
- Confirm arrangements for your service, such as the calling of the banns
- Order your wedding stationary – you will need invitations, order of service sheets etc
- Start discussing with your florist bouquets and flower arrangements for the church and reception venue
- Don’t forget those all important wedding rings
- Remember the wedding cake should be made at least three months before the event – so order it now or start making it
- Send out your invitations with gift list
- Make sure your guests have details of your hotel accommodation and directions to the reception – we will provide you with brochures for this
- Finalise your honeymoon plans, renew passports and apply for visas if needed. Shop for your going away outfits etc
- Buy presents for Bridesmaids, Best Man and Ushers
- Organise your Hen and Stag Night’s!!!!! Not the night before your big day.
- Finalise the guest list and work out the seating plan
- Finalise the menu and wine/drinks packages
- Check that all wedding clothes are near completion
- Visit the hairdressers and book your appointments
- Check that the transport to and from the ceremony is organised
- Confirm the final reception arrangements with the St George Hotel. ( Table plans, ceremony music, and final payment )
View the menus on the left to see the range of food and drink options available with our wedding packages.